- Age/Grade Level – Students must be registered in a ‘grade-appropriate’ class at the start of a session. For Preschool programs, children must be the age specified, and a copy of the child’s birth certificate is required upon registration. We reserve the right to ask for documentation and/or to remove the child from a class that is not age-appropriate. Adult programs can be attended by students of any age 15+.
- Transfers – Should a student choose to transfer from one class to another, a $10.00 transfer fee will be charged. A transfer form must be filled out online or at the School office. As of the second class of the term transfers will not be allowed without the consent of administration.
- Missed Classes – There are no make-up classes allowed for missed classes due to illness or holidays. There are no discounts, refunds or credits for classes not attended.
- School Closures – The School reserves the right to cancel classes due to severe and extreme weather conditions at the discretion of our administration. There are no refunds issued for such cancelled classes. Students will be notified by phone and/or information can be found on our voicemail, homepage, Facebook page and Twitter feed. The School will try to arrange one make-up class date in such circumstances. Should a student not be available for the scheduled make-up class, there will be no refunds or credits issued.
- Parking – We do not guarantee parking. There is space for 12 cars on site. Should you choose to park in the lot, please sign in at the office. Please be patient entering and exiting from our lot. Should you need to leave your class early, please do not park in our lot as class start and end times are created with the ease of parking lot traffic in mind. Parking may be available on nearby residential streets. There is also a public parking lot at 95 St. Clair West. The School will not be responsible for parking tickets due to illegal parking. The School is also not responsible for damages to vehicles that may occur in the parking lot. Parking is not permitted at Brown Public School.
- Pick Up/Drop Off – Please be punctual when dropping off and picking up children. Children under the age of 8 are not allowed to wait in the lobby unsupervised. Ask about our supervised Pre-Class Program for after-school students. In the event of late pick-up, a ten-minute grace period will be allowed, after which a $35.00 fine will be charged.
- Publicity – The Avenue Road Arts School reserves the right to photograph and video tape all classes and use the images for publicity purposes and promotional materials. Should you object to the use of your image or your child’s image in promotional materials, please inform the School’s office in writing at the time of registration.
- Visitors and Guests – Due to limited studio space, the Arts School does not allow guests or visitors in classes. Please schedule a tour, in advance through the School office.
- Peanut Products/Allergies – Due to severe life threatening allergies, no nut products are permitted in the School.
- What to Wear – We do not supply smocks. Please dress in clothing that is comfortable to work in. School aprons and t-shirts can be purchased at the registration counter.
- Instructor Changes - The Avenue Road Arts School reserves the right to make course and/or instructor changes at any time.
Refund & Cancellation Policies
- Please Note: A withdrawal form must be filled out online or at the School office for all cancellations and/or refunds. Absence from class does not constitute notice of cancellation.
- If a course is cancelled due to low enrollment, registrants will be given one week’s notice, and a credit will remain on file unless a request is made for a transfer or refund.
- Registrants may cancel from a program prior to the commencement of the first class of the term. A non-transferable $30.00 administration fee per class, per term will be charged.
- Participants cancelling after the first class of the term will be charged for that class plus the non-transferable $30.00 administration fee per term. Notice of cancellation must be given to the School’s office in writing. As of the start of the second class of the term, no refunds, credits, session transfers or student transfers will be allowed. Only requests accompanied by a medical certificate from the family physician will be considered.
How To Register
By fax, mail, in person or on our website at www.avenueroadartsschool.com.
Registration forms are processed, on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations can be made by phone. However, to complete registration, students must still fill out a registration form and fax, e-mail or mail it to the School’s office or use the on-line forms and payment system on our website. Payment and registration forms must be received within 7 days of reservation to ensure a space in the class. If a student registers in the week prior to commencement of class, payment must be made in person or by credit card. We will not hold spaces for those who have not paid prior to the first class. Holds will not be placed for the last space in a class and cannot be made once the course has commenced.
Fees are paid in full upon registration and are non-transferable. Class fees are pro-rated for students who join late. Fees quoted for kids’ programs include all materials. Fees quoted for adult programs do not include materials, unless otherwise stated. A material list will be provided. HST will be added on to the cost of all classes. If payment is not received within seven days, we reserve the right to remove the student from the class list. Returned cheques are subject to a $25.00 fee.
“Materials list provided” for Adult Programs means that you are required to bring your own supplies to a class, based on the list provided. Lists will be sent to you approximately 10-15 days after you submit a registration form or they can be found on the School website.
Multiple Term Discounts
Students who register for three terms (fall, winter & spring) in the fall by October 4, 2013 will be entitled to a 5% discount off one winter & one spring class (higher priced class will be counted, should there be more than one program in a term). Discounts are not retroactive. Should a student choose to withdraw from one term, the discount will not apply and the student will be charged full tuition for the remaining classes. Multiple term discounts do not apply to Workshops, March Break or Summer Programs.
Same Household Discounts
At the time of registration, household’s who register for two or more classes within the same term are entitled to a 5% discount off the second and third registration. A household can include two or more children registered together, a parent (or guardian) and a child, or an individual who has multiple class registrations within the same term. Discounts are applied to two or more class registrations (higher priced classes will be counted), and are not retroactive. If a student withdraws from one class, the discount no longer applies and the student will be charged full tuition for remaining classes. Household discounts do not apply to Workshops, March Break, or Summer Programs.
Payment plans can be arranged for those registering for more than one term or for those registering more than one family member in one term. Payment plans must be made through the office with post-dated cheques or pre-authorized credit card payments. Some restrictions apply. Please contact 416.961.1502, ext. 303 for details.
Registration for fall, winter and spring is on-going on a first-come, first-served basis. Students may register for any term at any time, excluding March Break and Summer Programs. Payment plans can be arranged. Call 416.961.1502, ext. 303 for details.
Confirmation of Registration
All successful registrants (registration form and payment have been received) will receive a confirmation letter in the mail or via e-mail. In the event that you have mailed or faxed a registration form with payment to the School or have registered on-line and do not receive a confirmation letter within 10 days, please call the School office to speak with the Registrar.
If a class is full, you may choose to be placed on a wait list. If a space becomes available, students will be called in the order in which they appear on the wait list. Should you be contacted to fill an available spot, you will be given 24 hours to respond, after which the space will be offered to the next person on the wait list.
Method of Payment
- Cash, Debit, Cheque, VISA or Mastercard
- Cheques are payable to AVENUE ROAD ARTS SCHOOL
Gift Certificates & Coupons
Students may purchase gift certificates of any denomination for a creative and special gift idea. Call for more information or visit the website. Gift certificates or coupons must be submitted at the time of registration. For online registrations, gift certificates or coupons must be received by the School on the first day of class.