IT & Media Coordinator
Avenue Road Arts School
Founded in 1993, the Avenue Road Arts School provides children & adults of all ages with high-quality visual and performing arts instruction in a relaxed and supportive environment. The School is committed to nurturing imaginative thinking and developing skills through innovative programming. Classes are taught by professional artists/educators and small class sizes allow for individual attention and guidance for students at all levels. The School organizes frequent student exhibits and performances to provide opportunities for showcasing talents and sharing ideas. Avenue Road Arts School is committed to maintaining a warm and congenial environment where students can feel safe expressing themselves in their own unique way.
This September, the School looks forward to celebrating its 25th anniversary, with celebrations planned for students and faculty.
Job Description & Summary
We are looking for a new team member who is tech and digitally savvy, creative, smart, easy-going, and knows how to comfortably work in a small team environment.
This individual will help to maintain, build and manage the School’s website: (www.avenueroadartsschool.com).
- Ensure up-to-date and a user-friendly website
- Design banners and specialty graphics, when needed
- Track website analytics to produce reports and statistics (Google Analytics)
- Assist in developing blog and interactive components to the website
- Create video content
- Research upcoming trends and help implement them
- Manage e-commerce practices (Google AdWords)
- Assist with e-blast/newsletters
Marketing Initiatives This individual will help to promote and market the School through many initiatives:
- Assist the Director with all marketing projects, including some print and on-line banners and graphics, when needed
- Manage social media accounts and content
- Help with direct mail program, when needed
- Assist with e-mail campaigns and manage e-mail address lists
- Work on customer retention programs
- Assist in the development of database marketing reports
The ideal person will be IT savvy and a great problem-solver:
- Liaise with database developer to ensure proper continued database support
- Trouble-shoot and fix any IT issues that arise
- Customer Service, including registering students and processing payments
- Assist in answering and dealing with general inquiries, in person and via phone
- Assist in telephone calls, mailings and team marketing programs
As the ideal candidate, you are a team player, digitally savvy, independent and a natural problem solver and have the following qualifications:
- a University or College degree/diploma in a related field
- practical experience in a similar employment environment
- comfortable working in a mixed Windows/Mac environment
- good working knowledge of networks, computer hardware and operating systems
- strong computer skills in a Mac/Windows environment including working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, FileMaker Pro, QuickBooks, Final Cut Pro X, Microsoft Office/One Drive (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), Hootsuite, and MailChimp
- familiarity with local and cloud based backups (Time Machine, Windows Backup, CrashPlan for Small Business, Backblaze)
- knowledge of form creation and maintenance (Formstack)
- the ability to trouble shoot and problem solve most IT issues
- excellent graphic sensibilities, with design and layout skills
- knowledge of web analytics tools, ability to define goals and track metrics (Google)
- basic knowledge of video (shooting & editing)
- ability to establish priorities and to plan and monitor own work plan
- must be well-organized with strong attention to detail and follow-through, even when things get busy
- strong communication skills both oral and written
- comfortable working in a small office and close team environment
- the ability to multi-task, while paying close attention to detail
- the ability to work some flexible hours, if needed
This position is a full-time position, Monday-Friday with the possibility of some Saturday or early evening hours. It will commence immediately, with a paid training period.
How to Apply
If you feel you are the right candidate; tell us why and how you’ll play an integral part in our team’s success by sending us your cover letter, resume and references in WORD or PDF format. Please forward to the attention of Liana Del Mastro, Director, to workwithus [AT] avenueroadartsschool.com
No e-mail or telephone inquiries, please.
We thank all applicants. However, only those being considered will be contacted.