Bring Arts to Your School
With a Virtual Art Program
SPECIAL VIRTUAL SCHOOL WORKSHOPS
Now the Avenue Road Arts School delivers dynamic, educational and virtual art workshops for schools and child-focused centres. Our specially designed Art Workshops are led by professional artists/educators, who have many years of teaching experience and are passionate about arts education.
Using supportive teaching techniques and the latest studio approaches, our Virtual School Workshops are perfect for children SK-Grade 8.
- Virtual In-Class and After-School Programs in drawing, painting, mixed media, photography, sculpture, cartooning and more
- Online Professional Development workshops for faculty & parent volunteers
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-961-1502 for more information.
Approved Program Provider
DRAWING & PAINTING
This virtual course will introduce you to a range of drawing and painting techniques, including colour theory, design, composition, pattern, and paint handling. Through slideshows and interactive exercises, students will engage their imaginations and have the opportunity to ask questions and receive feedback. You will play, experiment, and build technical competency. The goal is to nurture your creative confidence and capacity for expression.
DATES: October 5th, 2020 to November 30th, 2020 (8 weeks with holiday on Thanksgiving)
TIME: 4:30 - 6:00PM
CLASS MATERIALS LIST:
- Mixed media.watercolour pad of paper (8.5x11" minimum)
- 3-4 canvases or canvas boards (8.5x11" - 11x16")
- Variety of paints (acrylic or tempera) in red, blue, yellow, white, black (Other colours are welcome too!)
- Variety of paint brushes (fine tip and flat edge brushes)
- Graphite pencils (2H, HB, 2B, 4B)
- Variety of colouring media: crayons, colouring pencils, oil pastels, chalks
- Elmers clear washable glue
- Multi-coloured construction paper (optional)