Artist Studio Assistant
The Avenue Road Arts School, established in 1993, has become a leader in arts education. In addition to our in-house programming, we also run a number of creative and inspiring classes at daycares and private and public schools within the GTA. We are currently looking for Studio Assistants to work in our programs, both inhouse and in outreach programs.
Are you interested in joining our team?
Do you have experience working with children in the following disciplines?
- Drawing and Painting
- Pottery & Clay
- Video Creation
- Costume/Clothing Design
- Mixed Media-Based Art
- Cartooning & Illustration
- Musical Theatre & Drama
- have some formal training in an art form
- have experience working with children JK to Grade 8
- have a valid and current vulnerable sector check
- be creative, energetic, outgoing, friendly and know how to nurture a student’s creative abilities
- be passionate about his or her art form
- have the ability to work independently and in a collaborative way
- possess strong classroom management skills
This is a part-time, contract position. Scheduled hours can fall anywhere in the following:
- Monday to Friday, 3:00 to 6:30 PM
- Saturdays, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- Sundays, 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
March Break and Summer Camp hours may also be possible.
Some training will be involved.
Please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No telephone calls please. Only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.