Drawing with Pastels
TIME: 1:00 - 3:00PM
DATES: Sep 23 to Dec 10, 2021
COURSE ID: 13859
CLASS MATERIALS LIST:
Supplies can be ordered online for curb side pickup or delivery if you prefer not to go inside an art store at present. Please allow more time than usual to receive goods.
- 1 black,
- 1 brown
- Hard Pastels: Nupastel firm pastel sticks, set of 12
- Soft Chalk Pastels: Rembrandt soft pastels, box of 15 or 30 half sticks - more variety than full sticks for the price
- You can also buy soft pastels individually - you might like a few different colours that are not in the basic sets.
- Canson, Strathmore and Mi-Tientes make pastel paper in a wide selection of colours
- Choose a few sheets, 19”x 25” in neutral colours such as warm beige or cool grey in a middle value – not too light or too dark. Also choose a couple of brighter colours that you like. There are also pads of slightly smaller multi coloured pastel paper that work well too.
- 1 sheet of cold pressed medium watercolour paper and 1 sheet of Ampersand pastel board.
- Small notebook
- X-acto knife
- Sandpaper pad for sharpening pastels
- Hand wipes - pastels are messy
- Plastic container with dry rice in the bottom, to hold and clean broken bits of pastel
- If you have access to a standing or table easel, please use it. If not, you can sit at a table to draw