Home Art Fun Series
FOSSIL PRINT & clay LEAF BOWLMake your own fossil imprint or custom leaf bowl with air dry clay to hold your favourite knick-knacks in style.
art & PALEONTOLOGY
One of my go-to sources of inspiration is always Mother Nature! I start planning many of my lessons by looking at the natural world.
Paleontology includes both biology and geology as scientists work to parcel together ancient history buried in stone about organisms, environments and ancient climates. On top of being chock-full of invaluable evidence about our world, it can also be incredibly beautiful! Explore more pieces of imprinted history at the American Museum of Natural History.
I've always loved fossils and the stunning impressions they have left behind. So we are combining these ancient details with new designs for these two fun projects.
How do the patterns around you influence your art?
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Air-dry clay (or experiment with our playdough recipe)
- Clay tools or a butter knife
- Stamps (or create your own)
- Bowl for mould
- Container with water
- Sand paper
- Paper towel or a cloth
- Mod Podge (hairspray can also act as a sealant)
- Assorted acrylic paints
- Assorted paint brushes
- Optional: Parchment paper, vaseline, toothpick, sponge, toilet paper/paper towel roll, scissors