Drawing Techniques: Oh, the Places You Will Go!
APRIL 12-16, Grades 5-9
Come and experience the joy of drawing urban and rural landscapes, while you build on your artistic skills. You will increase your drawing abilities as you explore incredible and unique places from around the world through photos that will be shared with the class. Drawing techniques will include shape method, one and two-point perspective, shading, highlighting, patterning and texture as you create your own unique drawings based on the special places we visit virtually.
Dates & Times
- Pencil set with multiple leads (8B, 6B, 4B, 2B, HB, H, 2H)
- Eraser, pencil sharpener
- 1-2 pages of coloured drawing/construction paper (can be black, navy, taupe, pink, etc.)
- Chalk pastel set
- Fine liners black (thin 0.5 and regular tip sharpies)
- Pencil crayons
- Scrap magazines/newspapers with colourful advertisements (day 5)
- Glue stick
- Dice (day 3)
- Coloured markers (fine and chisel tips, Crayola/Laurentien are fine, ideally a set of Copic / Manga markers if possible) (day 5)
- 1 x 8”x8” canvas board / wood panel