Fabric Art: It’s a Colourful World
APRIL 12-16, Grades 5-9
Join us virtually and you will explore fabric, design and mixed media through artmaking inspired by costumes and fabrics used around the world. Expand your imagination and creativity while you experiment with items you would never have thought you could turn into works of art. Using old t-shirts, pillowcases and repurposed fabric pieces, you will create pouches, wall hangings, and wearable artwork that has a global perspective. The possibilities are endless!
Dates & Times
- Sewing needles (selection of sizes if possible - needles with larger holes are easier to work with)
- Masking Tape and or sewing pins
- Thread of any colours
- Yarn any colour(s)
- Fabric: Repurposed or new, multiple patterns of different sizes. (have three pieces approximately 2ft” x 2ft”) plus addiction fabric in smaller pieces.
- Hot Glue
- Paint markers and/or Permanent markers, acrylic or fabric paint
- Paint brushes if using paint
- Pillow stuffing or recycled fabric cut off’s to stuff pillows with
- Two hair elastics
- Optional: Found objects sequins and/or beads, branches
- Blank paper