Pop Art Changed the World
APRIL 12-16, Grades 4-8
In this unique workshop, students will explore the works of famous Pop artists and movements from around the world, including American, Italian, Japanese and British Pop Art. Students will create their own Pop Art that reflects ideas from today’s popular culture, as well as their own inspirations. This fun and eye-catching art form is characterized by utilizing popular images and icons and by incorporating themes, techniques and subject matter from comic books, advertising and product packaging. The class will explore this popular and global art movement through painting, drawing, word art, collage and so much more.
Dates & Times
- 3 canvases OR canvas boards - 9x12” to 11x16” is recommended
- Mixed media or watercolour paper pad - 9x12” to 11x16” is recommended
- Paints: acrylic or tempera/craft paint and watercolour paints
- Colours: white, black, red, blue, yellow as well as any other colours you may have
- Paint brushes: synthetic flat edge and round tip brushes, foam brushes, household painting brushes
- Ink roller
- Pack of foam plates (small or medium size)
- Old rag or paper towel
- Palette or any surface to put paints on
- Variety of drawing media, such as: colouring markers, colouring pencils, etc.
- Black permanent marker
- PVA glue and brush
- Variety of recycled paper sources, such as: multi-colour construction paper, old books, comics, magazines, newspapers, gift wrapping paper, etc.
- Water jugs
- Masking tape